Happily married for 19 years, Jill has three beautiful daughters and two of them are currently enrolled in the Abby Lee Dance Company. A dancer at heart, Jill was very involved in dance and gymnastics as a young girl and took up competitive cheerleading in high school and went on to cheer for the University of Pittsburgh. Jill is a strong believer that dance gives her children a sense of empowerment when it comes to self esteem and teaches them self discipline at a young age.
About Jill
What's your favorite style of dance to watch?
Lyrical.
What are your hobbies and interests besides dance?
As a mom of three there isn’t much free time, but loves to read, shop, play tennis, play golf and travel.
What do you think your child is learning most about while competing in dance competitions around the country?
She is learning how to overcome adversity, deal with strong overbearing personalities, how to manage her time wisely, how to know when to sit back and just listen and when to stand up for herself.
What have you learned most about while being involved with this dance company and traveling to the competitions?
I believe I am learning those same life lessons!
About Kendall
What's your favorite style of dance to perform?
Contemporary.
What's your favorite style of dance to watch?
All types of dance, but if I had to choose one, it would be contemporary.
What's your favorite thing about dance?
I just love to perform onstage and learn new routines.
What other hobbies and/or sports do you participate in?
I love to play tennis, but I spend all of my free time dancing. I also love my puppy and guinea pigs, and I love to dress up and put makeup on.
Do you hope to be a professional dancer one day?
Yes I want to be on Broadway one day!
If you don’t end up being a professional dancer, what other job would you like to have?
I would either work at Subway (ha ha) or be a Dentist!
What do you think you are learning about most from this experience dancing in these competitions around the country?
I am learning how to pick up choreography fast and perform it on stage in a day or two. I am also learning about each city we travel to, how far from home it is and what makes that specific city special.
What's your favorite subject in school?
Science.
What's your favorite color?
Purple.