About Cathy
Cathy's favorite style of dance to watch:
Ballet.
What are your hobbies and interests besides dance?
Golf, reading, designing vintage decorations, gardening, but most of all shopping!
What's your profession/current job?
I own my own dance center. I am a dance educator.
What do you think your child is learning most about while competing in dance competitions around the country? Competition teaches confidence, poise, teamwork, commitment, discipline, and to be a gracious winner and good loser.
What have you learned most about while being involved with this dance company and traveling to the competitions?
Abby's teams are very similar to mine in that they are very technically trained and groomed. I think I've learned I don't have to always have my dancers wear red lipstick. I can branch out in color, and I've learned to apply Vivi's eyelashes.
About Vivi-Anne, age 6 ½
Favorite style of dance to perform?
Tap.
Favorite style of dance to watch?
Shake it up.
What's your favorite thing about dance?
Performing.
What other hobbies and/or sports do you participate in?
Swimming, cooking, playing with Patch/stuffed dog, eating.
Do you hope to be a professional dancer one day?
I would like to help teach at the dance studio.
If you don't end up being a professional dancer, what other job would you like to have?
Doctor.
What do you think you are learning about most from this experience dancing in these competitions around the country?
To learn choreography in one day, and go out and perform.
What's your favorite subject in school?
Science.
What's your favorite color?
Blue.